Tuesday, 28 June 2011
The Peugeot 205GTI book is the 53rd in Veloce's popular Essential Buyer's Guide series covering classic and sports cars and motorbikes. However, we are particularly proud of this new app - our 6th - as it features video footage of the author taking us around a typical Peugeot 205GTI and telling us exactly where to look for problems. Here we have the best of both worlds: the book can cover some aspects of car examination in more depth, while the facility for video and sound in the app means that it can be entertaining and provide another level of information in a very understandable form. The app was made and filmed entirely in-house in Veloce's Dorchester-based workshop and studio.
Weak points, rust traps, and potential mechanical defects are all laid bare by an expert for the would be buyer.
Clear 205-specific photos illustrate problem areas and good points too, as well as model variations. The author also embraces customized and mechanically modified cars.
In the book, a unique points scoring system lets you evaluate your potential purchase like an expert and also to determine which price category it should fall into.
With both mileage and particularly condition having a marked affect on potential prices, the author gives sound advice on what is worth restoring and what, however tempting, is likely to cost a new owner an unrecoverable fortune.
In the app, author Jon Blackburn, is seen examining the exterior, interior and engine compartment, and showing us exactly where problems are to be found.
• Covers 205 GTI & CTI Cabriolet
• Includes the special editions such as the Miami Blue and Sorrento Green
• Covers popular modifications to look for when buying – lowered suspension, 16-valve engines and brake upgrades
• Key points you must check before you buy
• Targets would-be owners on a budget, as well as those prepared to splash out on a top car
• Defines original engine specifications (1580cc & 1905cc) and vital statistics
• Features informative videos with voice-over from marque expert Jon Blackburn
The app can be downloaded from Apple's App Store and will work on iPhone, iPod touch and iPad (iOS 4.0 or later).
Click here to see an iTunes preview of the app!
Click here for more info about the book!