Tuesday 3 March 2009

BRAVO JOE!



The plaudits have been flooding in for Joe Sackey, author of new Veloce book The Lamborghini Miura Bible. This definitive volume is the culmination of 20 years of diligent research, and Joe is deservedly now credited as being the world's leading authority on the vehicle. He makes the case that the Miura is nothing short of "The most beautiful sports car of the postwar era." Having himself himself owned, maintained and restored five Miuras, he knows what he's talking about.
"The Miura is not a car without its flaws," Sackey notes. "But what a benchmark postwar classic! A special car, it is to be enjoyed and indeed put on a pedestal. In terms of reliability and utility, it may not be the ultimate example of a sports car, but for sheer charisma and emotion the Miura is hard to beat."

Praise for The Lamborghini Miura Bible:

"It's as close as you can get to a trip to the Lamborghini Museum without leaving your favorite fireside chair. Of course, Sackey's first-hand experience gives him an edge over the usual armchair enthusiast." - www.luxist.com

"Congratulations on your great Miura book! This is top information for Lamborghini petrol heads, every word is worthy for any car enthusiast and a must for owners! I bought 4 copies for myself and friends and it gives me enormous pleasure to read it." - Marc Hoffmann

"I got my copy of your fantastic Miura Bible from Amazon today and am pouring over it with GREAT interest. Very nice work!" - Lou Herrin

"Has to be the best book on the Miura!" - John Blackburn

"I just received my copy of the Miura Bible. What an amazing job you did! Truly awesome. Please do the same for the LP400! Congratulations!" - Ed

"I wanted to tell you what a wonderful book that you have written. I am not kissing up when I tell you that it is by far one of the best automotive books I have ever seen. It came in the mail last week and I have slowly been going through it. I am asking you to please do a book on the Countach next! Clearly this is a must do. I will be the first to buy one. Great job!" - Joe N. Frazer IV

"It'll be hard to top your book, Joe. I just got my copy today. I thought I knew a fair amount about these cars, but I was overwhelmed by the amount of additional information you included. Congratulations!" - Tom

The ONLY book on the Lamborghini Miura to be published in the past twenty six years – and enthusiasts agree it is long overdue. Written by a world-renowned authority on the subject, featuring, among other things, a never-before-published factory chassis production register, technical illustrations, studio-supplied images and exclusive interviews with the designers of the car: this is essential reading for any Lamborghini fan.

3 comments :

  1. applause for this car... ciao paul!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A personal favourite. Possibly the most sensual Lamborghini ever.
    It is said that the style icons Miles Davis and Frank Sinatra both owned Miuras.

    ReplyDelete